St. Helena Parish Hospital Behavioral Health Services
Intensive Outpatient Program
444 Sitman Street
Greensburg, LA 70441
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Groups: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday; 10:00am - 1:30pm
St. Helena Parish Hospital Behavioral Health Services offers Intensive Outpatient Treatment for adults(40 and older) experiencing life –altering emotional crises, such as depression, grief, anxiety, panic, stress, or fear.
This active treatment program teaches practical ways to respond to any types of traumatic life event, behavioral difficulty or emotional distress , especially major events due to the loss of a loved one ,independence ,job, health or relationships.
Symptoms may include:
- Depression :Inability to experience pleasure ,preoccupied with worthlessness, feelings of guilt, regret , helplessness, loneliness, fatigue, low self esteem
- Avoidance: Staying in bed, withdrawing from friends or normal routines, decrease in daily functioning
- Anxiety: Panic attacks, racing thoughts, apprehension, dread, restlessness, feeling trapped ,excessive worry, sleep disturbance
- Schizophrenia: Hallucinations ,paranoia, delusions, disorganized speech
- Bipolar disorder :Pressured speech ,risky behaviors, outbursts of anger ,mood swings ,euphoria, irrational and/or racing thoughts
Your Treatment Team
A group of clinical professionals dedicated to your recovery and experienced in Group psychotherapy, cognitive –behavioral therapy, expressive therapy and mental health management will be there with you every step of the way .
Team members include:
- Board Certified Psychiatrists
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Registered Nurses
How it Works
- Anyone may contact us directly ,such as yourself, family members friends,Clergy, assisted living /group home facilities, retirement communities, physicians and home health professionals.
- A confidential assessment is scheduled to determine if this program is right for you .
- Needs and goals are then established and an individual treatment plan designed.
- Participants receive group therapy up to three days a week and Individual/ family therapy as needed.
- Medication management is provided.
- Lunch is provided on group therapy days.
- Transportation available as needed in limited area.
- Treatment is usually covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurances.
We look forward to helping you improve your quality of life, please contact us for more information: Phone (255)222-4006 or Email : email@example.com