September 25, 2020
To All our Residents, Family Members and Staff,
We are extremely excited to announce that St. Helena Parish Nursing Home will now be allowing visitation for family members of our residents, as stipulated by both Federal and State, regulatory agencies. As this visitation will be somewhat different, we ask that you and yours be patient with us as we work through the rules and regulations that the Federal and State government have provided to us as guidance. Please see below, the rules established for our facility visitation and know they may change as necessary due to continued facility testing:
Rules for Visitation during COVID-19 Effective 9/29/2020
- Visitation will be set up by appointment only.
- All visits will be conducted outside on the back patio as appropriate for each resident.
- Resident must be able to sit up in chair/wheelchair/geri-chair and be placed outside without any equipment.
- All other residents may be accommodated in the small day area or in their rooms if unable to get out of bed.
- Only one family member will be allowed per visit and must be 18 years of age or older.
- Visitors must bring and wear their own masks.
- All visitors will be screened at the back patio area and asked to adhere to the following rules:
- Complete hand hygiene (using alcohol based hand sanitizer).
- Maintain a 6 feet distance.
- Go directly to the visitation area and stay in that area.
- If visitation is to occur outside on the back patio, visitors will be asked to drive around to the hospital and come in the back gate of the nursing home after screening has occurred.
We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but we ask that you allow us to continue to
put the resident’s safety first while we continue to address this unfortunate pandemic.
Thanking you all in advance of your understanding,
Casey Kennedy, NFA