The Admissions Clerk supports the admissions department’s activities in the pre-admission and admission process of all inpatients and outpatients. Takes and relays messages and transfers calls to appropriate extension. Performs a variety of routine typing and clerical duties and data entry as needed. Greets, identifies, and announces patients, vendors, job applicants and other visitors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one-year experience in hospital admissions preferred.
- Must be familiar with Medical Terminology
- Knowledgeable of Medicare, Medicaid, Insurance companies etc.
- Ability to clearly communicate with others regarding admissions procedures and financial obligations.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions, (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.) is essential.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates may email your resume to email@example.com
You may also submit your resume using our ONLINE APPLICATION.
St. Helena Parish Hospital and Nursing Home is an equal opportunity provider and employer.